The Proprosal

The Proprosal

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cooking!

I recently had a wonderful cooking experience with my lovely sister Jessica at their home in Gatesville. It was SUCH a fun time! I love spending time with my sis & baby Abigail! Learning to cook well is my new passion! Jessica is educating me on the ways of a thrifty wife (since I hope to be one of those very soon!) Lee and I visited the Farm Patch in Bryan today and it was AMAZING!!! We got two big bags of fruits & veggies for 16$! I will definitely be visiting that place more often! I have never been a huge veggie fan but I am trying to branch out and explore! I ended up just sautéing the veggies (which included red & green bell pepper, onion, garlic, mushroom, squash, & zucchini) in grapeseed oil with a little salt & Mrs. Dash's seasoning. Grapeseed oil is my sisters influence. It has a higher heat tolerance than olive oil which does something that's suppose to be healthier for you or something... i'm not exactly sure the reasoning but its tastes good!

I LOVE reading the pioneer woman's blog! O those recipes... mmm they look so scrumdiddliumcious!! But then again I feel myself gain 5 lbs because they is so much butter!! That's another area Jess is edumacating me on... the fine world of cooking light! Cooking with applesauce and whole wheat flower may not sounds o so yummy but it's really not that bad (and your arteries will thank you later by not forming plaque and hardening so as to not allow blood flow to semi-essential parts like your brain and heart ;) So for a healthier version of the Pioneer Woman's recipes I turn to http://www.cookinglight.com/. It has great quick & healthy-er-ish alternatives!

Ok enough of cooking... I started summer school again. Less than a year till I am finished with nursing school whoop! I am excited/not so excited about this semester. Excited because we'll be learning about more acute disorders & get to work in the ER & ICU a couple times and because we only have school 2 days a week. Whew that makes me tired just thinking about it! Not so excited because we have class for 5 hours on Wed & then clinicals for 12 hours which makes for a long 2 days. Yep you read that right TWELVE HOUR clinicals. That means i'm at St. Joseph's Hospital from 6:30AM to 7:00PM on Thursdays. If you ever at the hospital on Thursday's at that time hit me up! I'll be one of the 10 people wearing identical maroon scrubs running around like a chicken with its head cut off (or being totally bored... there's hardly ever a happy medium of business & slowness in the hospital)!

Lee has been enjoying work. He's keeping busy doing such things as pulling his girlfriend over on the highway just because he can... O Texas Justice. He's 1/4 of the way through his FTO period! Man it seems like I just watched him graduate. Time is going by faster & faster every year!

Well thats about it for now. Y'all stay safe & don't speed in Conroe :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I made it on the blog :) I had a blast cooking with you as well!!! Lee is going to love all of your "wifely" cooking!

    ReplyDelete