Lee is on his last phase of FTO (field training officer, which means he's partnered up with another trooper)! Praise the Lord we have made it thus far! Last September he was finishing up everything for DPS and just staring the academy. My we have come a long way since then! It has been such a learning process for both of us. For him its all about how to do the job safely and effectively. For me its been about praying and trying to let go of the fear I have for his safety. That's a toughie for me!
I am on the last legs (get it ;) of nursing school. 2 More semesters left!! Super excited about this fact. I'm getting nervous about applying for jobs and such since nursing is pretty competitive and we all know the economy is in the toilet... Lee is so good at reminding me when I get stressed about something that God is in control and there's absolutely no reason to worry. God sure knew what I needed when He gave me a such a wonderful man!
Wedding planning. Whew. There are SOOOOO many little bitty details that have to be decided on its crazyness. After this wedding I will be a master decider. We have several things decided already.
The couple: Lee & Lauren
The Ring
The date: June 4th, 2011
Venue: Fellowship of Huntsville Church
Colors: Aqua and Red
Wedding shoes: Awesome red ones!
Cake Topper: Hamster (Lee/Groom) and Elephant (Lauren/Bride)
The dress: noooo you'll have to wait till the wedding :)
The Photographer: Christina Shippey
The wedding party:
MOH (matron of honor): Jessica Alexander
Bridesmaid: Karen Berry
Bridesmaid: Kellie Lyons
Bridesmaid: Sarah Hazlewood
Best Man: Chris Myers
Groomsmen: Daniel Owens
Groomsmen: Jonathan Berry
Groomsmen: Drew Alexander
The Honeymoon: Ireland baby!!!
Wellll thats about all the things we have decided as of now. Exciting times are ahead :)










LOVE IT! I love reading peoples blogs, especially the ones that are just about everyday life! And even more when I can see how God is working in their lives as I read! If you ever need anyone to help you not make a decision come see me (since I cant make one to save my life) When (If) I get married I might just have to hire someone to make the decisions! LOL
ReplyDeleteHave you ever talked to Kristen (Yoder) Davis? She's been in your shoes as far as being married to a man in law enforcement and dealing with fears/stress, etc...
ReplyDeleteYAY! wedding stuff! If you want/need any info from my research a year ago, let me know! I've got most of it saved on my computer and can send it to ya. I LOVE your colors! :)
And IRELAND!? amazing. jealous. :)
glad you're blogging. the interwebs are the only way I'm staying connected to the outside world these days.
the shoes were a great choice- maybe the photographer can get you both in the same frame with these on :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Ireland?!!!! Uber jeoulous!!!
You are one blessed girl!
I had red shoes too!! They are so fun! Love the decision you made on colors! Have fun planning!! Remember the Lord is in control, so try not to stress (too much), and will provide what you need! Love you!
ReplyDeleteLauren! I didn't know you have a blog!! How fun! Love all the wedding details you have planned..... especially those cute cake toppers and the red shoes (wish someone had told me I could wear colored shoes on my wedding day!!) Ireland sounds amazing!!! So excited for ya'lls engagement session in November!!
ReplyDelete